You are here
Our career panel and expo.will focus on non-traditional paths students may take in their careers, leading them to roles in innovation or entrepreneurship.
The panel will address questions such as: What to look for when hiring “innovative” employees – what skills/traits are important; Unique paths taken to becoming an entrepreneur; entrepreneurial roles within companies; The type of work someone does when they work at a start-up or in an innovative department of a larger company (that might be very different from a more traditional position)
The Expo. will give students a chance to speak with entrepreneurs or those in Innovation roles in small or large companies. This is not a typical career expo. – our goal is to provide students with the opportunity to network and have informal discussions with our exhibitors in an informal setting. Casual attire is recommended and encouraged.
- Adsorptech - a small business that provides engineering consulting services for all gas separations technologies and manufactures for export oxygen production equipment www.adsorptech.com
- American Entrepreneurship Today - National and regional website and newsletter providing advice, news and resources focusing on innovation and entrepreneurship. http://americanentrepreneurship.com/
- Basic Outfitters was born out of the demand to modernize the sock and underwear drawer with high-quality, well-priced, fashionable and comfortable basics along with unparalleled convenience. The co.has had a consistent growth in sales month after month. This dynamic founders appeared on the popular TV show - Shark Tank. and last year were named to Forbes 30 under 30 for retail and ecommerce. They have been featured in Inc., Good Morning America, GQ, Vogue, People and Men's Health. https://www.basicoutfitters.com/
Day Pitney, LLP is a full-service law firm with approx. 300 lawyers in 11 offices along the East Coast (from Boston to Boca Raton). Day Pitney has created a program to help entrepreneurs manage legal fees at the earliest stages of launching a company. Under the program, for a flat fee plus filing fees, a firm member will meet with the entrepreneur to discuss needs and strategy and prepare certain legal forms. Entrepreneurs can also meet with one of our Intellectual Property attorneys, who will provide a preliminary patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret consultation, including an overview of filing costs and strategy. http://www.daypitney.com/
Health and Natural Beauty USA, Inc. - The company was formed in 2012 as the founder believed the world deserved a better toothpaste. One that doesn’t use harsh chemicals or abrasives, that cleans and whitens yet also protects your enamel. That brand, SprinJene, is the result of years of vigorous scientific testing, optimizing and re-testing . SprinJene, a premium handcrafted toothpaste is now being distributed in major food and drug chains as well as health food stores. The brand is halal, kosher and vegan, and features natural ingredients that deliver efficacious oral hygiene without harsh chemicals. The firm also exports oral care items to several North African countries. http://www.hnbusa.com/
- Hydroctechnology Consultants, Inc. (HCI), a 100% woman-owned company founded in 1994, specializes in the assessment, remediation and sustainable redevelopment of environmentally-impaired properties. HCI has remediated hundreds of sites, ranging from residential properties to large industrial facilities. Their expertise is sought after by attorneys for complex legal cases as well as by developers for fast-track brownfield redevelopments. HCI's competitive advantage lies in the staff's dedication to innovation - ranging from the use of state-of-the-art remediation technologies to the application of client, project and knowledge management IT tools. HCI possesses a nimbleness unmatched in the industry and a depth of knowledge not found in firms of comparable size. www.digbrowngogreen.com
- The Lenserf Group is a project management consulting and coaching firm whose primary goal is to help clients to Exceed Their Potential through excellence in project delivery. TLG provides strategy and executive consulting, project management, and project support services for mid-sized corporations, small businesses, and entrepreneurs. www.lenserfgroup.com
Priamba is a local information technology and software engineering services company, providing cost-effective and timely services to various customers. Priamba consists of highly experienced professionals, who bring in a wealth of over 30 years experience in IT Management and Engineering services having worked in various capacities in the Military Vehicles Technology and IT Services Industries in Leadership positions. http://www.priamba.com/
Tacoria - Rutgers Alums serving delicious tacos, burritos, nachos, torta sandwiches, and quesadillas with salsa made fresh daily from scratch... with two locations, New Brunswick and Montclair. http://eattacoria.com/
- Wilkin & Guttenplan, P.C., Certified Public Accountants & Consultants was Founded in 1983 and is one of New Jersey's top 20 accounting firms (according to NJBIZ), providing specialized services for: Closely-Held and Middle-Market businesses, Professional Practices, The Real Estate Industry and Emerging Entrepreneurs. Their expertise includes: Auditing, Compilations, Reviews & Financial Statement Preparation; International Commerce; Litigation Support; Tax/Trust & Estate Solutions. http://www.wgcpas.com/
Focusing on non-traditional paths students may take in their careers, leading them to roles in innovation or entrepreneurship and the type of work these roles include.
Gary Minkoff, Instructor of Professional Practice, Depart. of Management & Global Business, Rutgers Business School
Michael Dweck, Co-founder and President of Basic Outfitters
Laura Dweck, Co-founder and Creative Director of Basic Outfitters
Maria Coler, President, Hydrotechnology Consultants, Inc.
Dr. Syed Ibrahim, President and CEO, Health and Natural Beauty USA, Inc.