The Entrepreneurship Coalition
Rutgers Entrepreneurship Coalition is an informal multi-disciplined group of staff, faculty and students working for the common mission of strengthening and promoting entrepreneurship and innovation at Rutgers. The coalition enables those within Rutgers that have programs related to entrepreneurship or innovation to support each other in our entrepreneurial tasks.
The coalition’s goal is to make it easier for the Rutgers community, with an emphasis on students, to find the necessary resources related to innovation and start up ventures. Members of the Rutgers community are welcome to join the coalition and attend our meetings. Meetings in 2018 featured a guest speaker from Rutgers Office of Alumni Relations and a Webinar - "Case Study in Support of Student Entrepreneurship - Johns Hopkins University."
Coalition members represent a diverse cross-section of disciplines and include many departments, schools, and student groups from across the university.
A sampling of where our members come from:
- Career Services - https://careers.rutgers.edu/Division of Continuing Studies - http://continuingstudies.rutgers.edu/
- Division of Continuing Studies, Center for Innovative Education - http://rie.rutgers.edu/
- Entrepreneurship Minor - Rutgers Business School - http://www.business.rutgers.edu/undergrad-newark/academic-programs/entrepreneurship
- Hult Prize at Rutgers - https://www.facebook.com/hultprizeru/
- Honors College - https://honorscollege.rutgers.edu/
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering - http://mae.rutgers.edu/
- MBS –Capstone Class - http://mbs.rutgers.edu/articles/mbs-capstone-presentations
- New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station - https://njaes.rutgers.edu/
- New Jersey Small Business Development Center at Rutgers New Brunswick - http://www.business.rutgers.edu/njsbdcnb
- Office of Alumni Relations - Volunteer engagement http://www.alumni.rutgers.edu/s/896/2016/interior.aspx?sid=896&gid=1&pgi...
- Office of Economic Development - http://oed.rutgers.edu/
- Office of Research Commercialization - New Ventures - https://orc.rutgers.edu/
- Professional Science Masters Program Program/Dept. of Computer Science http://mbs.rutgers.edu/ Materials Science & Engineering - http://mse.rutgers.edu/
- Rutgers Business School - http://www.business.rutgers.edu/
- Rutgers Business School, CTEC program - http://www.business.rutgers.edu/ctec
- Rutgers Department of Physics (Newark) - https://www.ncas.rutgers.edu/
- Rutgers Discovery Informatics Institute (RDI2) http://rdi2.rutgers.edu/
- Rutgers EcoComplex - http://ecocomplex.rutgers.edu
- Rutgers Entrepreneurial Society (VP) - https://www.facebook.com/RUEntrepreneur/
- Rutgers Food Innovation Centers - http://foodinnovation.rutgers.edu
- Rutgers I-Corps Site - http://oed.rutgers.edu/content/rutgers-i-corps-site
- Rutgers Makerspace - http://makerspace.rutgers.edu/
- School of Arts and Sciences - http://sas.rutgers.edu/
- School of Arts and Sciences, Computer Science (The CAVE) - https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/about/department-overview
- Scheduling and Space Management - https://scheduling.rutgers.edu/
- School of Communication & Information -Capstone Class - https://comminfo.rutgers.edu/
- SEBS -Ag Entrepreneurship Program - http://eaprogram.rutgers.edu/
- The Institute for Women's Leadership - http://odl.rutgers.edu/
- The Thomas Edison Papers - http://edison.rutgers.edu/israel.htm
- To see some of the student groups that participate in our organization, view the slides from our past event here.
We are always looking for new members, If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
The coalition was founded by The Office of Economic Development - http://oed.rutgers.edu/
Last November (11-1-17), the Coalition held an event signed to showcase the many resources available to students. Innovators from across Rutgers and industry gathered for the first-ever Rutgers Innovation and Entrepreneurship Expo, featuring keynotes, career panels, exhibits, networking, and a pitch competition. With expert independent judges from law, business, design, and industry, undergrad students competed with three-minute pitches, slides, and Q&A for cash prizes, mentorships, and bragging rights. Each of the participating Rutgers exhibitors provided a slide about their resource that was displayed at the event. Additional information about the programs available at Rutgers and other exhibitors can be found in the Program Booklet .